January 4, 2014 | Leave a Comment
Watkins Glen International is seeking an ideal candidate interested in working in the public relations department.
This internship provides a candidate — who wants to work in a fast-pace environment — with a variety of projects and activities to assist and complete independently. The intern must be able to perform duties at Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, NY throughout the summer.
• Draft assigned press releases and media alerts
• Assist with the processing of media credentials for all events
• Assist with media outreach and driver media tour schedules
• Provide staff support in the Media Center during event weekends
• Assist with maintenance of www.TheGlen.com
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
• Previous non-academic based writing experience
• Prior sports writing experience is a plus
• Works independently with attention to detail
• Possess time management skills; works well under pressure
• Minimum of two years completed towards a Sport Management, Sport Media or Communications/Journalism degree
40 hours per week // May 21st — August 22nd
$7.25 per hour // Academic credit (not required)
Please email your cover letter and resume to the address below. Resumes will be accepted through Friday, March 14th, 2014.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. When do you finish your spring semester of classes?
2. What level of public relations writing experience do you possess?
3. What experience do you hope to gain from this internship?
4. What experience do you have with Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest?
Public Relations Manager