The Golf Connection is a full-service golf marketing company that provides dedicated, cost- effective golf event management, consulting, public relations, and direct marketing solutions to destinations, resorts and corporate clients within the golf vertical.
The Golf Connection LLC currently manages events in the following destinations:
Jamaica Pro-Am: Nov. 20-24
Barbados Pro-Am: Dec. 10-14
Mexico Team Championship: Jan. 12-16
Admiral’s Cup Pro-Am (St. Kitts): Feb. 2-6
Additional destinations in development are: Dominican Republic, Bermuda, Azores, & Canada.
Event Intern Description:
Students will be offered the opportunity to assist in all aspects of tournament operations and event management for the Destination Events. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Preparation of event registration and tournament materials as needed
• Assemble and set up event signage as needed
• Set up/breakdown of Event Function Space
• Assist in assembling multi-media files and function presentations (i.e. iMovie videos,PowerPoints, photos etc.)
• Assist attendees with registration activities, gift bag distribution, and other guest service duties
• Assisting Tournament Director and/or Tournament Manager with daily tournament operations
• Set up golf carts, install event signage, scoring, and assisting any on-course sponsors with their activation efforts
• Attend all event staff meetings
• Unpacking and track inventory on event materials
• All Interns will report to Tom Jaronski (Tournament Director) or Kevin Ferris (Tournament Manager)
• Availability to travel to/from assigned event
• Candidates must be prepared and willing to work long hours, engage in physical tasks like lifting boxes and signs, and be comfortable operating a golf cart
• Candidates must be able to work with a wide variety of personality types and people; adaptability and a “can do” spirit is preferred
• Candidates must be able to work in a fast pace atmosphere and multitask
• Understanding of the game of golf is a plus
• Understanding of event management and operations is preferred
• Selected students will be provided with a round-trip flight from a designated airport in the U.S. to the event location, lodging, all meals, ground transportation at event, and staff uniforms. All students will be required to sign an independent contractor/unpaid waiver form.
• All candidates must understand that The Golf Connection LLC stages these events based on a “pre-sell” basis, therefore, the realization of each event and the resources put towards them is dependent on achieving target team participation. In the event a tournament for which a student has been selected is cancelled, The Golf Connection LLC will make best efforts to move that student to another event.
How to Apply:
Students interested in applying for one of these internship opportunities should email a cover letter and resume to the following individuals by April 15th:
Tom Jaronski, President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin Ferris, Tournament Manager: email@example.com
TGC staff plans to be on campus in late April to interview prospective candidates. Please check with you advisor for further details.