The Chick-fil-A Bowl is seeking candidates to fill three long-term paid internships and two short-term paid internships for the 2013 college football season. The long term internship period begins June 24, 2013 and concludes January 31, 2014. The short term internship periods are July 8, 2013 through September 6, 2013 and November 4, 2013 through January 3, 2014. Each position pays a stipend of $1,260.00 per month. Please note that housing is not provided by the Chick-fil-A Bowl. Interested candidates will be applying for internships in the following concentration areas:
• Communications/Public Relations: One long-term position from June 24, 2013 through January 31, 2014
• Sales & Ticketing: One long-term position from June 24, 2013 through January 31, 2014
• Event Management: One long-term position from June 24, 2013 through January 31, 2014 // One short-term position from July 8, 2013 through September 6, 2013 // One short-term position from November 4, 2013 through January 3, 2014
This year’s group of interns will help plan and execute the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game featuring the University of Alabama versus Virginia Tech. Interns will play a vital role in the planning and execution of the 46th Chick-fil-A Bowl. Additionally interns may assist with preparations for the 2014 Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge golf event. Interns are assigned to a specific concentration area but are expected to provide support to all areas of the Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge, Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game and Chick-fil-A Bowl during the internship. Qualified applicants should be sports-minded, self-motivators who are willing to accept the long hours and hard work required to succeed in the sports industry. Additionally, qualified applicants should be committed to pursuing a career in the business of athletics.
• Interested candidates can apply by submitting their cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
• Candidate cover letters should fully respond to the following questions/requests:
1) Please clearly indicate which concentration area and term you are interested in obtaining.
2) Please indicate if you will have any academic obligations (classes, projects, etc.) during the internship period you are applying for.
3) How does your prior work experience and skill set specifically make you the ideal candidate for an internship with the Chick-fil-A Bowl?
• All required documents must be received by March 7, 2013. Applicant submissions without all of the required documentation will not be considered for the program. Applicant submissions not received by March 7, 2013 will not be considered for the program.
• All applicants will be contacted with an update of the status of their candidacy following the submission deadline. Candidates should not contact the Chick-fil-A Bowl office for status updates.
1. Must be able to commit to working a minimum of 40 hours per week at the Chick-fil-A Bowl office in Atlanta, GA. Work will be required after normal business hours, on holidays and weekends.
2. Should possess or be working towards an undergraduate degree. A post graduate/masters degree in an applicable field (Sport Management, Sport Administration, Marketing, Communications, MBA, etc) is not required but highly recommended.
3. The ability to work well individually and as a team member in a fast-paced and evolving work environment
4. Must be able to handle pressure and take initiative.
5. Must have high attention to detail, and the ability to organize and complete a diverse set of tasks in a timely manner.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applicable computer programs.
8. Display a willingness to learn and complete tasks regardless of their nature.
9. Knowledge of college football and the bowl system.
1. Provide each intern with the opportunity to learn more about his/her area of concentration.
2. Allow each intern opportunities to gain valuable experience outside of his/her area of concentration by working on various key tasks for the Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge, Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game and Chick-fil-A Bowl.
3. Provide each intern the opportunity to prove his or her abilities with important assignments during the course of the internship.