August 10, 2012 | Leave a Comment
Sports Illustrated’s Communications Department is seeking interns/temps for the fall 2012 (with a possible opportunity to extend into Spring 2013), who will focus on currating and creating content for SI’s social media platforms. The correct candidate will have a passion for sports, a knowledge of the evolving media and technology industries, an intricate understanding of social media platforms and stellar writing and communication skills.
This is a paid opportunity for a highly-motivated recent graduates or graduate student (only extremely competitive undergraduate students will be considered). Candidates should be knowledgeable about sports on all levels, and eager to immerse themselves further in the industry. This position is paid and will require 35 to 40 hours a week, with flexibility in scheduling a requirement.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
• Experience using social media for professional/journalistic endeavors (ie: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Stumble Upon, etc.)
• An affinity for the Sports Illustrated brand and content
• Significant multimedia journalism experience
• An understanding of the trends across the social media landscape
• An ability to react quickly to breaking news
• A track record of reporting on deadline, requiring minimal editing and oversight
• Results-oriented thinking that will demonstrate success through quantifiable metrics
• Creative, high-level thinking, along with an ability to be strategic and decisive under time constraints
To apply, click here.