Courtesy of TeamWork Online, below is a media relations opportunity with a NFL “West Coast” team.
Media relations interns will assist in all facets of the team publicity operation, including:
• Producing weekly releases and overnight packets (writing, statistics, research, production, mailing)
• Press conference logistics
• Contributing to the Game Day magazine and media guide as assigned
• Compiling daily news clips for staff and assistant coaches
• Game day operations in the press box
• Assisting in credentialing for home games
• Arranging interviews with players and coaches as assigned
• Transcribing select interviews and press conferences
• Assisting at training camp as needed
• Media relations experience
• Strong oral, writing and editing skills
• The ability to produce material under strict deadlines
• The ability to produce a variety of writing samples upon request
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and Internet research skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An outgoing personality and a professional demeanor
• The flexibility to work extended hours, including occasional nights and weekends
• Superior organizational skills and ability to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting
• Must be available for all 10 home games as well as any playoff games and special events.
All internship candidates must also be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university (the pursuit of a degree in the fields of communications, journalism, or public relations is recommended, but not required). All internships are unpaid and the candidate must be able to receive college credit.
Desired Start Date: Flexible, prior to start of training camp July 29 preferred
Anticipated End Date: Conclusion of the 2012 NFL season
Approximate Weekly Work Schedule: 20-30 hours/week
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please forward a cover letter, resume and writing samples. No phone calls will be accepted.