A full schedule of events is planned, with alumni visiting classes, holding resume workshops and critiques, and more. This is a day-long opportunity for students, faculty, and staff to network with alumni, share their collegiate and professional experiences, thoughts on how the industry has changed, and get tips on how to break into an ever-changing and increasingly competitive media landscape.
The capstone event of the day — a panel discussion entitled “Sport and Sport Media: What’s Your Line and What’s Your Niche?” — takes place at 4 p.m. in Park Auditorium and will be moderated by Strategic Communications professor Bill Ressler. A meet and greet with students will follow at 5:30 p.m.
The current list of confirmed alumni attending the event is as follows:
* Tab Butler ’81: Director of Media Management and Post Production, MLB Network
* Shannan Phillips ’96: Marketing Manager, NeuLion College, NeuLion
* Will Weiss ’00: Technology Solutions, NeuLion
* Bobby Dughi ’05, MS ’09: President & CEO, Achieve Insight
* Patrick Bohn ’05 MS ’07: Assistant Editor, Momentum Media Sport Publishing
* Evan Heidenrich ’08: Play-by-play / Host / Producer, WCAP Radio (Lowell, Mass.)
* Josh Getzoff ’11: Sports Anchor/Reporter, WENY-TV Elmira and Founder, ProudtoPuck.com
For more information on the day and for an updated list of alumni, please contact April Johanns at firstname.lastname@example.org.