Live and breathe all things sports? Sporting News Media is seeking an individual to analyze and distribute video highlights to our publishing partners.
In this role, you will be an integral member of our content team, helping to cut, edit and create meaningful sports content.
What you’ll do:
• Apply your expertise in up-to-date sports knowledge
• Build/maintain key relationships with the sports editors at our newspaper partners
• Manage the ongoing distribution of league highlights to key clients
• Partner with our editorial team in Charlotte to generate compelling sports content
• Translate insights into video content creation
Who we’re looking for:
• Avid sports fans who follow all the major leagues (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and NCAA Basketball/Football)
• Students working towards a BA/BS or other college degree
• Self-starters who are highly motivated, driven and willing to work hard
• Someone with the ability to initiate and drive assigned projects to completion with minimal guidance
What’s a plus?
• Fluency with various types of video editing software
• Experience working at a sports blog or newspaper
What you’ll get out of this?
• Ability to work with our rights holders (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA) and gain a foothold in the sports industry
• College credit towards your degree
• Transportation costs covered
• Potential for employment following graduation and performance
If interested, please contact Kyle Woody.
This $1,200 (approximate) scholarship will be awarded to a student with 60+ credits majoring in Sport Management or Sport Media that has an internship (fieldwork not eligible for this scholarship) for the Summer 2015 semester.
• The internship must be credit bearing.
• The recipient will be in good academic and judicial standing.
• The recipient must also demonstrate financial need.
Completed applications (download form below) must be submitted via email to Dr. Annemarie Farrell (email@example.com) no later than 11:00 a.m., Friday, June 19th.
Per the official website: What does it take to host an event like the Nutmeg State Games, Connecticut’s largest Sports Festival? It takes, of course, the VOLUNTEER!
The Nutmeg State Games (July 11th — August 2nd) would not be able to operate efficiently without the services of hundreds of volunteers that have loyally served for the past 22 years.
For more information on how to get involved with the 2015 Nutmeg State Games, please click here.
If you are in the Syracuse area throughout Summer 2015, the Syracuse Crunch organization has internship openings.
Summer interns are primarily given public relations projects, but can receive assignments from any department. We can always change or add projects to meet their interests. Below is the general description. If interested, please contact Kyle Woody via email.
• Assist the Public and Media Relations Manager with news releases or other relevant projects
• Assist in the continual upkeep of the team’s official website and social media pages
• Assist in the setup and execution of mascot appearances
• Assist in graphics for public relations, marketing and other departments
• Assist with the planning and execution of any Crunch special events, such as Street Crunch, Fan Fest, and Crunch Golf Tournament
• Provide excellent customer service to the Crunch fan base and general public
• Perform other duties as assigned by Crunch full-time staff members
For the Fall 2015 semester, the Crunch will have additional opportunities in PR, community relations, merchandise, game operations, sponsorship and ticket sales.
May 17, 2015 | Leave a Comment
Professional Excellence Awards in Sport Management
Brandon Bozek ’15
Candace Burton ’15
Professional Excellence Award in Sport Media
Steve Danylyshyn ’15
Ashley Kirby ’15
Congrats, Brandon, Candace, Steve, and Ashley!
The Cornell Department of Athletics is currently accepting applications for resident counselor positions with our Summer Sports School.
Counselors will be responsible for supervising a group of camp athletes each week throughout our camp programming.
The job dates are: July 2 — August 1, 2015. Counselors are provided a weekly salary, plus room and board. Salary is based on related experience.
A link to the job description and application can be found here. Any questions can be directed to the Sports School Office: firstname.lastname@example.org / 607-255-1200.
May 4, 2015 | Leave a Comment
Dr. Stephen Mosher, Department of Sport Management and Media, recently presented at the 4th Annual Sport Studies Symposium at Rockford University.
His discussion explored “The Long, Slow, Tortured Death of Sport Studies in American Universities (And Possible Path to Their Resurrection).”
Ithaca College Summer Session offers a great opportunity to make up, catch up or get ahead! With a summer session course you can earn up to three (3) credits.
Below, check out three undergraduate online course offerings from the SPMM department. If you have any questions about each class, do not hesitate to contact the instructor. Registration is open NOW on Homer.
Narratives in Sport Documentaries (SPMM 39800): May 12th — May 22nd (Kyle Woody)
ST: Business of Sport Agency (SPMM 39901): May 12th — May 22nd (Won Bae)
Social Aspects of Sport (SPMM 29500): May 26th — June 26th (Steve Mosher)
April 25, 2015 | Leave a Comment
On Tuesday, June 9th from 2:00-6:00 p.m., the Madison Square Garden concourse will become a pathway to opportunity as Madison Square Garden host its Annual Career Fair, prior to the Liberty vs. Fever game.
Companies Scheduled to Attend Include:
MSG Sports – NY Knicks, NY Rangers, NY Liberty, Westchester Knicks
New Jersey Devils
New York City FC
New York Cosmos
New York Mets
The Aspire Group
Lead Dog Marketing
Sales Huddle Group
Career Fair & Seminar Pricing:
• Early-Bird Registration (Deadline 4/24): $38*
• Registration (Deadline 6/1): $52 **
• Last-Call Registration available online (Deadline 6/9): $65
Career Fair Only Pricing:
• Early-Bird Registration (Deadline 4/24): $29*
• Registration (Deadline 6/1): $42 **
• Last-Call Registration (Deadline 6/9 at 5pm): $50
Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a series of breakouts, focused around maximizing your potential before and during the interview process. Business attire is suggested and please bring copies of your resume.
The MSG Career Fair is perfect for you if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
-Are you interested in meeting prospective employers from a wide range of industries?
-Are you looking to make the next step in your career?
-Are you interested in finding out what new opportunities are out there?